Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Waterfall Shoot

Talk about an adventure!

When I got the idea to do a waterfall shoot, I thought it sounded easy enough. I went to Sean with the idea, and as always, he wanted to discuss the details in length. By the end of the conversation, he was on board and we decided it sounded like something we really wanted to do, and we knew just who to call... models, Kristin and Asia. I was all the more excited when they agreed to do the shoot!






We met the two best friends a few months earlier when Asia won one of our annual session giveaways, and the chemistry between them was delightful. I knew from the beginning they would be easy to work with, and they seemed willing to do a shoot with us in the future. I definitely made a mental note and I'm glad I did. They really rocked this shoot!





Now, the concept for the waterfall shoot came to me while watching an old episode of what is quite possibly my FAVORITE show in the world... "America's Next Top Model!" I love how they create different scenes in which to shoot the models, and I draw a lot of inspiration from it. However, the part we don't see is just how much work is involved in transporting equipment and other items to some of these secluded locations. It is NOT as easy and glamorous as it looks!
 





In the end, following a FULL day of challenges, detours, twists and turns of every kind imaginable, we finally got to our destination and shot some amazing images! We are so incredibly thankful for the gift of creativity. We believe our God-given gifts will begin to set us apart, as we seek to pave our way in the photography field. We are also grateful for our models who stuck with us throughout all of the craziness of that day and delivered for us these phenomenal results! It appears that we have found our own unique niche and are settling into it. Stay tuned for more innovative photography to come!

Thank you so much for visiting our blog. Find out more about us and our style of photography on our website at www.PhotographybySeanPonder.com. Be sure to check back in for more blog updates!

Blessings,

Angela
The Creative Director





Visit us on the web!
www.PhotographybySeanPonder.com
www.behance.net/PhotosbySeanPonder

No comments:

Post a Comment