Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Sanctuary


Greetings Readers!


On January 1, 2019, I decided to stop watching television. Not only do I not miss it, but I don’t even have the desire to turn it on and haven’t since the close of 2018. It no longer served a purpose in my life and to be quite honest, it was stifling my creativity. The television prevented me from being my productive self and was offering me nothing more than uninspiring amusement. I just realized that I no longer wanted to be entertained. I prefer to be informed and uplifted in my day to day hustle, so I traded in the television for more reading, more writing, more thinking, more music, and more walks outside to experience and explore the joy of the outdoors. I really felt the need to connect with myself on a deeper level, because something was missing, and it needed to be restored. I needed to tap into a level of creativity that was going to require me to pull away from everything that was becoming an unnecessary distraction, so that I could get back to being focused. I love being outside in the wide-open space. The fresh air does some amazing things to the senses. It is much needed.

This concept, "Sanctuary", was born out of my need to find places to get away and refresh my creative vibe. Taking quiet time is necessary for my mental, physical and spiritual well-being. If you know me, you know I am ALWAYS on the move. Staying on the go can cause stress, burnout and breakdowns if we are not careful, especially for busy moms. I acknowledge that it is ok to disappear to my sanctuary for a time to regain my composure, restore what I have lost and replenish what I have freely given, without the need to explain why I have been unavailable. This is something I am becoming very intentional about. You see peace is personal and should not be left in the hands of anyone else who may never understand what it is that YOU need.

So recently we had the opportunity to shoot my gorgeous goddaughter, Jasmine. I was so elated to work with her as we have been trying to get together for a long time. She is featured here in our post where she completely and confidently embodies the three focus elements of the concept which were: beauty, peace and gracefulness. We hope you enjoy these images from our "Sanctuary" shoot!














  
MUA: 
Tynita Lee
Booking Info:

MakeUpbyTynita@gmail.com

Makeup by Tynita on Schedulicity.com
Instagram: @makeup_by_tynita


Concept Creator & Stylist: 
Angela Ponder


As always, thank you SO much for visiting our blog. Keep up with the Team at Photography by Sean Ponder by visiting our website at PhotographybySeanPonder.com or on FaceBook at Facebook.com/PhotographybySeanPonder (Like our page!). You can also follow us on InstaGram at Instagram.com/PhotographybySeanPonder.


Until next time, Peace, Love and Light!
Angela
The Creative Director



No comments:

Post a Comment